WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Linux - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Linux > Topics

Subject: Why linux?
Replies: 9 Views: 1366

sroc 8/12/2006 - 1:57:13
Helo my friends.. Evrybody moving 2 linux.. But why.. What are the advantages u having from linux? (instead of free thing) and hey im not talking 4 microsoft.. but i need 2 know why i should remove widows from my pc and install this totally new (2me) os.. Plz answer.. Why linux? *

bearhug 8/14/2006 - 11:42:35
Fast on bugfixes, Unix pedigree and you get to lend a hand in yourself *

usalord 8/15/2006 - 1:42:44
There's a lot of good reasons, no 1 is that linux is a better OS. for instance, you have more control. another thing I like is, I can set up user accounts for guest and i don't have to worry about them messing up my os or personal files. on and on. *

usalord 8/15/2006 - 1:51:31
Another thing is that it is more customizable, for instanc, you have a choice of window managers. I have 5 desktops and 6 text mode consoles on my primary pc. You can even have extra terminals on your pc. *

bearhug 8/15/2006 - 3:55:27
I have 5 new fun ways to watch TV on the PC. Many games have been geared to run natively on Linux *

usalord 8/16/2006 - 4:31:03
It really is customizable, you can even modify the source code and compile it to your whim, MS Windows will not let you have their source code. *

bearhug 8/16/2006 - 6:31:21
Hey, it's GNU/Linux. A bright head tried with the kernel Linus made and the rest is history :) *

deadpoem 30.09.07 - 02:53pm
It's long story 2 tell, but hey evry1 here, answer this: can windows read linux? (& vice versa) *

deadpunk 12.12.07 - 12:47pm
Why Linux? Why not? Some ppl dont like it so much at 1st, but thats only cos its different to what theyre used to (Windows). After a while youll think its great! A good idea is at 1st to have both Windows and Linux on your hard drive (dual-boot). And yes, Linux can read Windows. Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) has NTFS support built-in, so on my dual-boot system when im using Ubuntu I can access stuff in my Windows partition no problem *

kkjoy 9.06.08 - 02:07pm
linux can play on PS2 WII or even Xbox!but windows can't. *

* Linux Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Linux

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search